Contact Development Services at (530) 642-4028 or email@example.com to confirm your parcel's proximity to District facilities.
If your parcel does not physically touch a District water and/or wastewater line, a line extension may be required. For additional information, please refer to the District's line extension process [PDF]
Agricultural metered irrigation (AMI) requirements
- Minimum of ten acres in irrigated pasture
- Minimum of five acres planted in orchards, groves, vineyards, or other horticultural pursuits with acreage determined by the El Dorado Department of Agriculture’s guidelines for measuring crops
- Submission an of AMI application and field inspection of existing crops, or submission of bill of lading for plants to be planted at a future date (within 12 months of service purchase).
Small Farm requirements
- Minimum parcel size of one acre
- Minimum one-half acre planted in agricultural crops and/or qualifying livestock as a marketable product in accordance with County zoning
- Maintenance of the crop to produce a marketable product
- Submission of a valid Certificate of Compliance from the El Dorado County Department of Agriculture or a current appropriate IRS form that shows at least $3,500 in annual gross income in "agricultural products of the lands"
Applications must be submitted to the El Dorado County Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures located at 311 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA 95667.
The District retains final authority to approve or disapprove Small Farm Irrigation Applications. Contact Customer Service at (530) 642-4000 for additional information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase a meter prior to planting my crops?
Yes, you may purchase your agriculture meter with evidence of a bill of lading that identifies the type of crop(s) purchased. Planting of crops must be completed within 12 months of the date of application. Once planted, the property will be inspected to verify compliance. If the parcel does not meet the qualifications for Agricultural Metered Irrigation, additional facility capacity charges may apply.